KIA Niro: Replacing the key battery
- Pry open the key cover gently.
- Replace the old battery with a new battery.
THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS A BUTTON BATTERY
If swallowed, a lithium button battery can cause severe or fatal injuries within 2 hours.
Keep batteries out of reach of children.
If you think batteries may have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
The battery is CR2032 (3V).
Leaving children unattended in a vehicle with the keys is dangerous even if the vehicle is ACC or ON position.
Unattended children could place the mechanical key in the ignition switch or press the ENGINE START/STOP button and may operate power windows or other controls, or even make the vehicle move, which could result in SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR EVEN DEATH.
Never leave the keys in your vehicle with unsupervised children, when the engine is running.
- The remote key or smart key is
designed to give you years of troublefree
use, however it can malfunction if
exposed to moisture or static electricity.
If you are unsure how to use or replace the battery, Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/ service partner.
- Using the wrong battery can cause
the remote key or smart key to malfunction.
Be sure to use the correct battery.
- To avoid damaging the remote key or smart key, don't drop it, get it wet, or expose it to heat or sunlight.
- An inappropriately disposed battery can be harmful to the environment and human health. Dispose the battery according to your local law(s) or regulation.
- If, for some reason, you happen to lose your smart key, you will not be able to start the vehicle. Tow the vehicle, if necessary, contact a professional workshop. Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- A maximum of 2 smart keys can be registered to a single vehicle. If you lose a smart key, Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- When the smart key does not work properly, open and close the door with the mechanical key. If you have a problem with the smart key, Kia recommends to contact an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- If the smart key is not moved for some time, the detection function for smart key operation will pause. Lift the smart key to activate the detection again (if equipped).
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual