KIA Niro: Seatback pocket
- Seatback pocket
- USB charger
- Loose objects in the driver's foot area could interfere with the operation of the foot pedals, possibly causing an accident.
- When you return the seatback to its upright position, hold the seatback and return it slowly and be sure there are no other occupants around the seat. If the seatback is returned without being held and controlled, the back of the seat could spring forward resulting in accidental injury to a person struck by the seatback.
- Riding in a vehicle with the seatback reclined could lead to serious or fatal injury in an accident.
- If a seat is reclined during an accident, the occupant's hips may slide under the lap portion of the seatbelt, applying great force to the unprotected abdomen. Serious or fatal internal injuries could result. The driver must advise the passenger to keep the seatback in an upright position whenever the vehicle is in motion.
- Do not use a sitting cushion that reduces friction between the seat and passenger. The passenger's hips may slide under the lap portion of the seat belt during an accident or a sudden stop. Serious or fatal internal injuries could result because the seat belt can't operate normally.
- Never attempt to adjust any seat while the vehicle is moving. This could result in loss of control, and an accident causing death, serious injury, or property damage.
- Do not allow anything to interfere with
the normal position of the seatback.
Storing items against a seatback or in any other way interfering with proper locking of a seatback could result in serious or fatal injury in a sudden stop or collision.
- Always drive and ride with your seatback upright and the lap portion of the seat belt snug and low across the hips. This is the best position to protect you in case of an accident.
- In order to avoid unnecessary and perhaps severe air bag injuries, always sit as far back as possible from the steering wheel while maintaining comfortable control of the vehicle. We recommend that your chest is at least 250 mm (10 inches) away from the steering wheel.
- The rear seatback must be securely latched. If not, passengers and objects could be thrown forward resulting in serious injury or death in the event of a sudden stop or collision.
- Luggage and other cargo should be laid flat in the cargo area. If objects are large, heavy, or must be piled, they must be secured. Under no circumstances should cargo be piled higher than the seatbacks. Failure to follow these warnings could result in serious injury or death in the event of a sudden stop, collision or rollover.
- No passenger should ride in the cargo area or sit or lie on folded seatbacks while the vehicle is moving. All passengers must be properly seated in seats and restrained properly while riding.
- When resetting the seatback to the upright position, make sure it is securely latched by pushing it forward and backwards.
- To avoid the possibility of burns, do not remove the carpet in the cargo area. Emission control devices beneath this floor generate high temperatures.(Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- After adjusting the seat, always check that it is securely locked into place by attempting to move the seat forward or backward without using the lock release lever. Sudden or unexpected movement of the driver's seat could cause you to lose control of the vehicle resulting in an accident.
- Do not adjust the seat while wearing seat belts. Moving the seat cushion forward may cause strong pressure on the abdomen.
- Use extreme caution so that hands or other objects are not caught in the seat mechanisms while the seat is moving.
- If there are occupants in the rear seats, be careful while adjusting the front seat position.
- Use extreme caution when picking small objects trapped under the seats or between the seat and the center console. Your hands might be cut or injured by the sharp edges of the seat mechanism.
- The power seat is operable with the ignition OFF. Therefore, children should never be left unattended in the car.
- Do not put heavy or sharp objects in the seatback pockets. In an accident they could come loose from the pocket and injure vehicle occupants.(Kia Niro EV only)
- The power seat is driven by an electric motor. Stop operating once the adjustment is completed. Excessive operation may damage the electrical equipment.
- When in operation, the power seat consumes a large amount of electrical power. To prevent unnecessary charging system drain, don't adjust the power seat longer than necessary while the engine is not running.
- Do not operate two or more power seat control switches at the same time. Doing so may result in power seat motor or electrical component malfunction.
Do not store small or heavy objects. It might fly off and cause injuries. (Kia Niro EV only)
Adjusting the rear seat
Folding rear seatback
- Lower the rear headrests to the lowest position.
- Pull on the seatback folding lever, then fold the seat toward the front of the vehicle.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual