KIA Niro: Headrest
The seats are equipped with a headrest for the occupant's safety and comfort.
Adjusting the headrest
- Pull up the headrest to raise.
- Push and hold the release button (1) to lower the headrest.
Adjusting the headrest forward and backward (for front seats) (Kia NIRO Hybrid)
Adjusting the headrest forward and backward (for front seats) (Kia Niro EV)
- Pull the headrest fully forward and release it.
The headrest may be adjusted forward to 3 different positions by pulling the headrest forward
Removing/reinstalling the headrest
- Recline the seatback.
- Raise headrest as far as it can go.
- Push and hold the release button (1) while pulling the headrest up.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- For maximum effectiveness in case of
an accident, the headrest should be
adjusted so the middle of the headrest
in at the same height of the center
of gravity of an occupant's head.
Generally, the center of gravity of most people's head is similar with the height of the top of their eyes. Also, adjust the headrest as close to your head as possible. For this reason, the use of a cushion that holds the body away from the seatback is not recommended.
- Do not operate the vehicle with the
headrests removed or reversed as
severe injury to the occupants may
occur in the event of an accident.
Headrests may provide protection against neck injuries when properly adjusted.
- Do not adjust the headrest position of the driver's seat while the vehicle is in motion.
- Make sure the headrest locks in position after adjusting it to properly protect the occupants.
- NEVER allow anyone to ride in a seat with the headrests removed.
- Always make sure the headrest locks into position after reinstalling and adjusting it properly.
- When there is no occupant in the rear seats, adjust the height of the headrest to the lowest position. The rear seat headrest can reduce the visibility of the rear area.
- If you recline the seatback towards the front with the headrest and seat cushion raised, the headrest may come in contact with the sun visor or other parts of the vehicle.
Adjusting the armrest
- Pull the armrest forward from the seatback.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual