KIA Niro: Vehicle safety system
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
The Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) prevents the wheels from locking to steer and stabilize the vehicle.
If the ABS warning light ( ) stays on, contact a professional workshop as soon as possible. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- A click sound may be heard in the vehicle compartment when the vehicle begins to move after the vehicle is started. These conditions are normal and indicate that the Anti-lock Brake System is functioning properly.
- When you jump start your vehicle because of a drained battery, the vehicle may not run as smoothly and the ABS warning light may turn on at the same time. This happens because of low battery voltage. It does not mean your ABS has malfunctioned.
- Do not pump your brakes!
- Have the battery recharged before driving the vehicle.
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Multi-Collision Brake (MCB)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual