KIA Niro: Filter inspection
The climate control air filter should be replaced according to the maintenance schedule.
If the vehicle is operated in severely air-polluted cities or on dusty rough roads for a long period, it should be inspected more frequently and replaced earlier.
When replacing the climate control air filter, replace it by the following procedure and be careful not to damage other components.
- Remove the climate control air filter.
- Check that the climate control air filter is not excessively dirty.
If the climate control air filter is excessively dirty, replace the climate control air filter.
- If cleaning the climate control air filter, blow compressed air as shown in the illustration to clean it.
Be careful when aiming the compressed air in the climate control air filter.
- Disconnect the stopper (B) from the glove box (A).
- Disconnect the air damper (A) from the glove box (B).
- Remove the filter cover (A) by pressing the knob.
- Replace the air filter (A) with a new one according to the direction of air filter.
- To remove the filter easily, press the righthand side inward and then pull out the filter.
- In case of driving in an air-polluted area or rugged terrain, check and replace the air filter as frequently as possible.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual