KIA Niro: When the hybrid vehicle shuts off
When the high voltage battery or 12 volt battery is discharged, or when the fuel tank is empty, the hybrid system may not operate while driving. When the Hybrid system does not operate, do the followings:
- Gradually reduce the vehicle speed.
Pull over your vehicle off the road in a safe area.
- Locate the shift dial in P (Park).
- Turn ON the hazard warning flashers.
- Turn OFF the vehicle, and try to start the hybrid system again, while depressing the brake pedal and turning on the ENGINE START/STOP button.
- When the hybrid system still does not operate, refer to "Emergency starting"
Before jump-starting the vehicle, check the fuel level and the exact procedure to jump start. When the fuel level is low, do not attempt to drive the vehicle only with the battery power. The high voltage battery may be discharged, and the hybrid system will turn OFF.
Never touch electric wires or cable. If exposed electric wires or cables are visible inside or outside of your vehicle, an electric shock may occur.
Putting out fire
Never use a small quantity of water to put out a fire in your vehicle because it could cause serious injuries or death from electrical shocks. If a fire occurs, evacuate the car immediately and contact the fire department.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual