KIA Niro: AC Inverter System / Description And Operation
AC Inverter System / Components And Components Location
- AC inverter outlet switch
- AC inverter unit
AC Inverter System / Description And Operation
An inverter is a device that transforms the DC voltage from the battery into an AC voltage (115V). The inverter can power various electrical devices that consume 150W or less, including mobile phone or notebook rechargers, audio systems, and TVs.
Inverter system Protection Function
DO NOT touch or insert any foreign substance into the AC inverter. Be aware of the potential risk of electric shock or fire.
- Only use the AC inverter when the engine is running. Always disconnect the inverter when not in use.
- Using the AC inverter when the engine is off or leaving an electric device plugged in for a long time may drain the battery of the vehicle.
- DO NOT use any electric devices that consume more than rated power.
- Some electric devices may not operate properly even though they consume less power than rated capacity of inverter provided by the vehicle.
- Household appliances that require high voltage at initial operation (e.g. compressor operated refrigerator, electrically powered tools, etc.)
- Measuring equipment used to process accurate data (e.g. medical equipment, precision measuring equipment, etc.)
- Equipment that requires stable power supply (e.g. electric blanket/mattress, touch sensor lighting, etc.)
- Connecting an electrical device that generates excessive levels of electromagnetic noise to the AC inverter may cause abnormal sounds in the audio equipment or a malfunction in the vehicle's electronic devices.
- Connecting a faulty electronic device to the AC inverter may damage the inverter or the electric system of the vehicle.
The LED indicator blinks if the AC inverter input voltage falls below 11.3 V. The inverter shuts off if the voltage falls below 10.7 V.
Inspect the battery and recharging system.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual
- Contact Us