KIA Niro: Air conditioning refrigerant label
Example Type A
Example Type B
- Classification of refrigerant
- Amount of refrigerant
- Classification of Compressor lubricant
- Flammable Refrigerant
- Registered technician to service Air Conditioning system
- Service manual
You can find out which air conditioning refrigerant is applied your vehicle at the label inside of the engine compartment.
Refer to "Refrigerant label" for more detail.
INFORMATION- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- When the amount of refrigerant is low, the performance of the air conditioning is reduced. Overfilling also has a negative impact on the air conditioning system.
- If abnormal operation is found, have the system inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- Vehicles equipped with R-134a
Because the refrigerant is at very high pressure, the air conditioning system should only be serviced by trained and certified technicians. It is important that the correct type and amount of oil and refrigerant is used.
Otherwise, it may cause damage to the vehicle and personal injury.
- Vehicles equipped with R-1234yf*
Since the refrigerant is mildly flammable and operated at high pressure, the air conditioning system should only be serviced by trained and certified technicians.
It is important that the correct type and amount of oil and refrigerant are used. All refrigerants should be reclaimed with proper equipment.
Venting refrigerants directly to the atmosphere is harmful to individuals and environment. Failure to heed these warnings can lead to serious injuries.
- AC repair
It is important that the correct type and amount of oil and refrigerant is used, otherwise, damage to the vehicle may occur. To prevent damage, the air conditioning system in your vehicle should only be serviced by trained and certified Kia technicians.
CAUTION- (Kia Niro EV only)
The air conditioning system should only be used with the windows and sunroof closed to prevent condensation inside the vehicle that may cause damage to electrical components.
NOTICE- (Kia Niro EV only)
- Replace the filter according to the maintenance schedule. If the vehicle is being driven in severe conditions such as dusty or rough roads, more frequent air conditioner filter inspections and changes are required.
- When the air flow rate suddenly decreases, have the system checked by a professional workshop. Kia recommends visiting an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual