KIA Niro: Operating climate control system
Operating climate control system- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
Operating climate control system- (Kia Niro EV only)
- Start the vehicle.
- Set the mode-selection buttons as desired. To improve the effectiveness of heating and cooling:
- Heating: ( )
- Set the temperature control to the desired temperature level.
- Set the air intake control to the position for outside (fresh) air if required.
- Set the position of the fan speed control so that it runs at the desired speed.
- If desired, turn the air conditioning ON
with the temperature set high in order
to dehumidify the air before it enters
into the cabin.
If the windshield fogs up, select the Front Defrost ( ) mode.
Selecting air flow modes
- Select the direction of the air flow through the ventilation system.
- The air flow outlet ports are enabled in the following sequence:
Operation- (Kia Niro EV only)
Operation- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
Face-Level (B, D, F)
Air flow is directed toward the upper body and face. Additionally, each outlet can be controlled to direct the air discharged from the outlet.
Bi-Level (B, C, D, E, F)
Air flow is directed towards the face and the floor.
Floor-Level (A, C, D, E, F)
Most of the air flow is directed to the floor, with a small amount of the air being directed to the windshield, side window defrosters and side air vents.
Floor/Defrost-Level (A, C, D, E, F)
Most of the air flow is directed to the floor and the windshield with a small amount directed to the side window defrosters and side air vents.
Defrost-Level (A, D)
Most of the air flow is directed to the windshield with a small amount of air directed to the side window defrosters and side air vents.
Controlling air intake
- Select the outside (fresh) air position or recirculated air position.
- Outside (fresh) air position: Air enters the vehicle from outside. The indicator light will turn off.
- Recirculated air position: Air from the
passenger compartment will be
drawn through the heating system.
The indicator light appears.
WARNING- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- Continuously using the climate control system in the recirculated air position may allow humidity to increase inside the vehicle which may fog the glass and obscure visibility.
- Do not sleep in a vehicle with the air conditioning or heating system on. It may cause serious harm or death due to a drop in the oxygen level and/or body temperature.
- Continuously using the climate control system in the recirculated air position can cause drowsiness or sleepiness, and loss of vehicle control. Set the air intake control to the outside (fresh) air position as much as possible while driving.
NOTICE- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
Prolonged operation of the heater in the recirculated air position (without air conditioning selected) may cause fogging of the windshield and side windows and make the air in the passenger compartment stale. In addition, prolonged use of the air conditioning with the re circulated air position selected will result in excessively dry air in the passenger compartment.
Controlling instrument panel vents
- Adjust the direction of air delivered from the vents.
- To close the vent, push the air vent lever in the opposite direction of the passenger.
- To open the vent, push the air vent lever in the same direction of the passenger.
Air conditioning (A/C)
- Press the A/C button.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual