KIA Niro: Normal charging port
- Be sure to read and follow the "General Safety Information and Caution" before doing any work related with the high voltage system. Failure to follow the safety instructions may result in serious electrical injuries.
- Be sure to read and follow the "High Voltage Shut-off Procedures" before doing any work related with the high voltage system. Failure to follow the safety instructions may result in serious electrical injuries.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Shut off the high voltage circuit.
(Refer to Hybrid Control System - "High Voltage Shutoff Procedure")
- Remove the door cover (A) by pulling it in the direction of arrow after opening the normal charging port door.
- Remove LH side wheel guard.
(Refer to Body - "Front Wheel Guard")
- Separate the normal charging port cable off the fixing clips.
- Remove the cover (A) after loosening normal charging port fixing bolts.
Tightening torque : 9.8 - 11.8 N*m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf*m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb*ft)
- Release the normal charging port (B) by pressing the fixing pins (A) located inside the port.
- Remove the emergency release cable (A).
- Disconnect the actuator connector (A).
- Remove the actuator (A) by loosening the bolts.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Location of normal charge port in the front fender of vehicle. The charge starts when the ICCB or the is connected to charge port.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual