KIA Niro: Highway Lane Change Assist (if equipped) (Kia Niro EV only)
Display and control
You can see the status of the Highway Lane Change Assist function operation in the Driving Assist view on the cluster.
Refer to "LCD display".
Highway Lane Change Assist function will be displayed as below depending on the status of the function.
- Highway Lane Change Assist indicator
- Green ( ) on: Ready state
- Green ( ) blink: Operating state
- Grey ( ) on: Standby state
- White ( ) blink: Canceled state (display only a certain time)
- Lane line
The lane line is displayed identical to Highway Lane Change Assist indicator (1). However, the lane detection availability will be showed on Standby state.
- Green arrow and shade
The green arrow is displayed when a certain amount of time has passed after the function has started operating, and until the lane change has completed.
- Message is displayed when the function does not operate even though the turn signal lever is used.
- Message is displayed when the function is canceled while operating.
Highway Lane Change Assist function will turn on when the following conditions are satisfied.
- The Driving Assist button or Lane Driving Assist button is used to turn on Highway Driving Assist.
- The OK button is pressed on the steering wheel while a message asking to use Highway Lane Change Assist is displayed on the cluster.
Highway Lane Change Assist ready to operate- (Kia Niro EV only)
A: Press OK button to enable Lane Change Assist
While Highway Lane Change Assist function is on, the function will be ready to operate when all the following conditions are satisfied:
- Highway Driving Assist is operating
- Lane Following Assist is operating
- A vehicle in the rear area of your vehicle is detected more than once after the vehicle is turned on
- Your vehicle speed is above 75 km/h (50 mph)
- Hands-off warning is not displayed on the cluster
- Hazard warning flasher is off
While Lane Change Assist function is turned on (indicator on), Lane Following Assist will not cancel even if the turn signal indicator or hazard warning flasher is operating.
Lane Change Assist function turns off automatically when driven in the following road conditions:
- One driving lane
- A road with no structure, such as a medium strip, guardrails, etc.
- There is a pedestrian or cyclist on the road ahead
When the function is in the ready state, and vehicle speed is below 75 km/h (45 mph), the function will change to the standby state.
The images or colors may be displayed differently depending on the specifications of the instrument cluster or theme.
When Highway Lane Change Assist function turns off while operating, steering assist will be temporarily canceled.
Always be cautious while driving.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual