KIA Niro: Highway Lane Change Assist operating- (Kia Niro EV only)
Highway Lane Change Assist function will operate, when you push the turn signal lever to A or B position while the function is in the ready state ( ) indicator is green), and all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- The driver has his/her hand on the steering wheel
- There is no collision risk in the direction of lane change
- There is a single dotted lane line in the direction of lane change
- There are no Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist and Blind Spot Collision- Avoidance Assist warnings
- The vehicle is driven in the middle of the lane (should not be driving close to one side of the lane)
- The road you are driving on, or the road you are about to change lane is a road that the function can operate
- When the turn signal lever is placed at
A position, the Highway Lane Change
Assist function is performed. After
that, if the turn signal lever is placed in neutral,
Highway Lane Change
Assist function is canceled before
stepping on the lane.
The Highway Lane Change Assist function is not canceled after stepping on the lane, but when the lane change is completed, it is canceled and the turn signal turns off.
- When the turn signal lever is placed at B position for a certain period of time, the green arrow will appear. At this time, even when the lever is released and returns to it's original position, lane change will still be assisted.
- While lane change is being made by the function, the turn signal indicator will blink even when the turn signal lever is not held, and the turn signal indicator will turn off when lane change is complete.
- Highway Lane Change Assist function will not operate on branch lines on the main road.
Highway Lane Change Assist standby
Highway Lane Change Assist function will be in the standby state when one of the ready state condition is not satisfied, or when entering or driving on one of the following roads:
- Road within a certain distance from the tollgate on the main road of the highway (or motorway)
- The road ahead ends without an interchange or junction
- Road with sharp curves
- Road with narrow lanes
- Road that is under construction
Highway Lane Change Assist cancel
The function will be canceled when:
- The turn signal lever is turned on in the opposite direction of lane change
- The steering wheel is steered sharply
While the function is operating, the function will cancel if one of the following occurs:
- Highway Driving Assist is turned off
- Lane Following Assist or Smart Cruise Control is turned off or temporarily canceled
- Hands-off warning message is displayed on the cluster
- The turn signal lever is placed at A position
- The hazard warning flasher is turned on
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist or Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist warning message is displayed
- Possible collision is detected in the next lane, even though there are no Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist and Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist warning
- Entering a road under construction
- The target lane to make a lane change disappears
- The target lane to make a lane change is not detected
- There is a problem with turn signal lamps
- Highway Lane Change Assist function is off (The function turns off when the function is turned off from the settings menu, when the road changes to a one-way road, when there is a intersection or crosswalk ahead, when you enter a road with no structure, such as a medium strip, guardrail, etc., or when there is a pedestrian or cyclist on the driving lane.)
- Your vehicle speed is below 75 km/ h (45 mph)
While the function is operating, when the function is canceled, depending on the driving conditions, the vehicle may drive to the middle of the driving lane or steering assist may stop.
Always pay attention to road and driving conditions while driving.
The function may not operate normally on roads with pedestrians or cyclists, such as an intersection or crosswalk. Always pay attention to road and driving conditions while driving.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual
- Contact Us