KIA Niro: Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist operation
Select 'Rear Safety' from the 'Parking Safety' menu of the infotainment system.
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist is enabled when the following conditions are satisfied:
- The tailgate and door are closed
- The Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) is released
- A trailer is not connected
- The gear is shifted to R (Reverse)
- Vehicle speed is below 10 km/h (detecting pedestrians)
- Vehicle speed is below 4 km/h (detecting objects)
- Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist components such as the rear view camera and the rear ultrasonic sensors are in normal conditions
When Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist activates, a line appears behind the vehicle image in the instrument cluster.
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist operates only once after shifting the gear to R (Reverse). To reactivate Parking Collision- Avoidance Assist, shift the gear from another gear to R (Reverse).
Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
If Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist detects a risk of collision around the vehicle with a pedestrian or an object, Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist will warn the driver with an audible warning and warning message on the instrument cluster. If the infotainment screen is on, a warning will appear on the screen.
If collision is imminent, Parking Collision- Avoidance Assist will assist you with braking.
Braking assist is released after 5 minutes.
Immediately depress the brake pedal and check vehicle surroundings.
Braking assist is also released in the following conditions when:
- The gear is shifted to P (Park) or D (Drive)
- The brake pedal is depressed with sufficient power
When Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist is activated while reversing, braking control will be released after 5 minutes and the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) will be engaged.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual