KIA Niro: If an accident occurs
- For your safety, do not touch the high voltage cables, connectors and package modules. High voltage components are orange in color.
- Exposed cables or wires may be visible
inside or outside of the vehicle.
Never touch the wires or cables, because an electrical shock, an injury, or a death may occur.
- Any gas or electrolyte leakage from
your vehicle is not only poisonous but
also flammable. Upon witnessing one
of those, open the windows, and
remain a safe distance from the vehicle
out of the road.
Immediately call an emergency services or contact an authorized Kia dealer and advise them that a hybrid vehicle is involved.
- When the vehicle is severely damaged, remain a safe distance of 15 meter or more between your vehicle and other vehicles/ flammables.
If a fire occurs:
- If a small scale fire occurs, use a fire extinguisher (ABC, BC) that is meant for electrical fires.
If it is impossible to extinguish the fire in the early stage, remain a safe distance from the vehicle and immediately call your local fire emergency responders. Also, advise them that a hybrid vehicle is involved.
If the fire spreads to the high voltage battery, large amount of water is needed to put out the fire.
Using small amount of water or fire extinguishers not meant for electrical fires could cause serious injury or death from electrical shocks.
- Upon witnessing any sparks, gases, flames, or fuel leakage of your vehicle, immediately call emergency services or contact an authorized Kia dealer/ partner. Also, advise them that a hybrid vehicle is involved.
When a submersion in water occurs: When your vehicle is flooded in water, a high-voltage battery may cause shock or fires. Thus, turn the hybrid system OFF, take the key in your possession and escape to a safe place. Never attempt physical contact with your flooded vehicle.
Immediately contact an authorized Kia dealer and advise them that a hybrid vehicle is involved.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual