KIA Niro: Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS)
Mounted inside the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor, Intake Air Temperature
Sensor (IATS) detects
the intake air temperature.
To precisely calculate the amount of air, correction of the air temperature is
required as the air density
varies with the temperature. So the ECM uses not only MAPS signal but also IATS
signal. This sensor
has a Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) thermistor with resistance in reverse proportion to the temperature.
Intake Air Temperature Sensor (IATS) Repair procedures
- Switch "OFF" the ignition.
- Disconnect the IATS connector.
- Measure resistance between the IATS terminals 3 and 4.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification.
- Switch "OFF" the ignition and disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Disconnect the manifold absolute pressure sensor connector (A).
- Remove the sensor (B) after loosening the mounting bolt from the intake manifold.
Manifold absolute pressure sensor mounting bolt: 9.8 - 11.8 N*m (1.0 - 1.2 kgf*m, 7.2 - 8.7 lb*ft)
- Install the component to the specified torque.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. If the component has been dropped, inspect before installing.
- Insert the sensor in the installation hole and be careful not to damage it
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual