KIA Niro: Locking/unlocking/remote starting/remote parking with the smart key (Kia Niro EV)
KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual / Features of your vehicle / Keys / Locking/unlocking/remote starting/remote parking with the smart key (Kia Niro EV)
- Tailgate unlock/open
- Remote start
- Remote Start Parking Assist (Forward)
- Remote Start Parking Assist (Backward)
- Press the corresponding button.
- Press the door lock button (1) and hold the remote start button (4) for 2 seconds to start the vehicle remotely.
- Press the forward/backward buttons (5, 6) to move the vehicle forward/ backward.
- Being close to a radio transmitter such as a radio station or an airport which can interfere with normal operation of the smart key.
- Being near a mobile two-way radio system or a cellular phone.
- Another vehicle's smart key is being operated close to your vehicle.
- If you press the tailgate unlock/open button for longer than a second, the lock will be released or the tailgate will be opened according to the options of the vehicle.
- If any door, hood or tailgate remains open, the hazard warning lights will not operate.
- After pressing unlock button, the doors will lock automatically unless you open any door within 30 seconds.
- After pressing the Lock/Unlock button, The hazard warning lights will flash.
- To start the vehicle remotely, the smart key should be detected within 10 m (32 ft) distance from the vehicle, and the remote start button should be pressed within 4 seconds after the doors are locked.
- If no further action for operating/driving the vehicle is taken, the vehicle will be turned off 10 minutes after starting the vehicle remotely.
- The driver can move the vehicle forward or backward using the forward/ backward buttons (5, 6) on the smart key. For more details of Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA), refer to "Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA) (if equipped)"
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual