KIA Niro: Manual Speed Limit Assist (MSLA)
- Speed Limit indicator
- Set speed
You can set the speed limit when you do not want to drive over a specific speed.
If you drive over the preset speed limit, Manual Speed Limit Assist operates (set speed limit will blink and chime will sound) until the vehicle speed returns within the speed limit.
Manual Speed Limit Assist operation
Setting speed limit
- Press and hold Driving Assist ( ) button at the desired speed. The Speed Limit ( ) indicator will appear on the cluster.
- Push the (+) switch up or (-) switch
down, and release it at the desired
Push the (+) switch up or (-) switch down and hold it. The speed will increase or decrease to the nearest multiple of 10 (multiple of 5 in mph) at first, and then increase or decrease by 10 km/h (5 mph).
- The set speed limit will be displayed
on the cluster.
If you would like to drive over the preset speed limit, depress the accelerator pedal beyond the pressure point to activate the kickdown mechanism.
The set speed limit will blink and chime will sound until you return the vehicle speed within the speed limit.
- When the accelerator pedal is not depressed beyond the pressure point, vehicle speed will maintain within the speed limit.
NOTICE- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
- A clicking sound may be heard from the kickdown mechanism when the accelerator pedal is depressed beyond the pressure point.
Temporarily pausing Manual Speed Limit Assist
Press the ( ) switch to temporarily pause the set speed limit. The set speed limit will turn off but the Speed Limit ( ) indicator will stay on.
Resuming Manual Speed Limit Assist- (Kia Niro Hybrid only)
To resume Manual Speed Limit Assist after the function was paused, operate the (+), (-), ( ) switch.
If you push the (+) switch up or (-) switch down, vehicle speed will be set to the current speed on the cluster.
If you press the ( ) switch, vehicle speed will resume to the preset speed.
Resuming Manual Speed Limit Assist- (Kia Niro EV only)
Turning off Manual Speed Limit Assist (Kia Niro EV / Hybrid)
Press the Driving Assist ( ) button to turn Manual Speed Limit Assist off. The Speed Limit ( ) indicator will go off.
Take the following precautions when using Manual Speed Limit Assist:
- Always set the vehicle speed under the speed limit in your country.
- Keep Manual Speed Limit Assist off
when the function is not in use, to
avoid inadvertently setting a speed.
Check that the Speed Limit ( ) indicator is off.
- Manual Speed Limit Assist does not
substitute for proper and safe driving.
It is the responsibility of the driver to always drive safely and should always be aware of unexpected and sudden situations from occurring. Pay attention to the road conditions at all times.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual