KIA Niro: On vehicle inspection/ Component Inspection
On vehicle inspection
- Accelerate the engine to about 3,000 rpm 3 times or more.
- Remove the spark plug.
- Check the spark plug visually.
If the electrode is dry, the spark plug is normal.
If the electrode is wet, check the damage and electrode gap as below.
- Check the spark plug for any damage on its thread and insulator.
If there is damage, replace the spark plug.
- Check the electrode. Measure the insulation resistance with an ohmmeter.
If the resistance is less than the specified value, adjust the electrode gap.
Specification: 10 MΩ or more
- Check the spark plug electrode gap.
If the gap is greater than the maximum, replace the spark plug.
Specification: 0.7 - 0.8 mm (0.0276 - 0.0314 in.)
If adjusting the gap of a new spark plug, bend only the base of the ground electrode. Do not touch the tip.
Never attempt to adjust the gap on a used plug.
- Remove the ignition coil.
(Refer to Ignition System - "Ignition Coil")
- Using a spark plug wrench, remove the spark plug (A).
spark plug :
19.6 - 24.5 N*m (2.0 - 2.5 kgf*m, 14.5 - 18.0 Ib*ft)
Be careful that no contaminates enter into spark plug holes.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- Check all the clamps for tightness and the connections for leakage.
- Visually check the vapor lines and hoses for cracks, leaks, loose connections, or deformation.
Fuel filler cap
- Visually check that the fuel tank cap assembly and gasket (A) are not deformed or damaged.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual