KIA Niro: Our recommendation: Children always in the rear
Infants and younger children must be restrained in an appropriate rearwardfacing or forward-facing CRS that has first been properly secured to the seat of the vehicle. Read and comply with the instructions for installation and use provided by the manufacturer of the Child Restraint System.
Children under age 13 should always ride in the rear seats and must always be properly restrained to minimize the risk of injury in an accident, sudden stop or sudden maneuver.
According to accident statistics, children are safer when properly restrained in the rear seats than in the front seat. Children too large for a Child Restraint System must use the seat belts provided.
Most countries have regulations which require children to travel in approved Child Restraint Systems.
The laws governing the age or height/ weight restrictions at which seat belts can be used instead of Child Restraint System differs among countries, so you should be aware of the specific requirements in your country, and where you are traveling.
Child Restraint Systems must be properly installed in the vehicle seat. Always use a commercially available Child Restraint System that meets the requirements of your country.
- Always properly restrain children in
the vehicle. Children of all ages are
safer when riding in the rear seats.
Never place a rearward-facing Child Restraint System on the front passenger passenger seat, unless the air bag is deactivated.
- Always follow the Child Restraint System manufacturer's instructions for installation and use.
- Always properly restrain your child in the Child Restraint System.
- Do not use an infant carrier or a child safety seat that "hooks" over a seatback, it may not provide adequate protection in an accident.
- After an accident, have the system
checked by a professional workshop.
Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual