KIA Niro: Power limited
A: Power limited
In the following cases, this warning message is displayed when the vehicle's power is limited for safety.
- When the power is limited for the safety of the high-powered parts of an electric vehicle. The power is limited for the following reasons. (Unless both Service Warning Light and Power Down Indicator Light illuminate at the same time, it is not a failure.)
- The high voltage battery level is too low or voltage is decreasing.
- The temperature of the high voltage battery is too high or too low.
- The temperature of the motor is high.
When this warning message is displayed, do not accelerate or start the vehicle suddenly. Charge the battery immediately when the high voltage battery level is not enough.
When the power is limited for the safety of the high-powered parts of an electric vehicle, the power down indicator light appears. Your vehicle may not be driven, or may roll back on a slope with the indicator light ON.
Power limited due to low EV battery temperature. Charge battery
A: Power limited due to low EV battery temperature. Charge battery
The warning message is displayed to protect the electric vehicle system when you turn off the vehicle while outside temperature is low. If the high voltage battery charging level is low and parked outside in low temperature for a long time, vehicle power could be limited.
Charging the battery before driving, increases the battery temperature, and helps increase power.
- If this warning message is still displayed even when the ambient temperature is sufficiently high, have the vehicle inspected by an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
- When the battery temperature is
extremely low in winter, the battery
temperature optimization is conducted
for normal driving conditions.
The optimization time may vary depending on the battery temperature and charging conditions.
- If the high voltage battery level and temperature is too low, the power may be limited. When the warning message is displayed, please charge the vehicle immediately.
- Charge immediately. Power limited
- Power limited. Low battery temperature
Battery overheated! Stop safely and leave the vehicle
A: Battery overheated! Stop safely and leave the vehicle
This warning message is displayed to protect battery and electric vehicle system when the high voltage battery temperature is too high.
Turn off the EV button and stop the vehicle so that the battery temperature decreases.
If this warning is still displayed even after the POWER button has been turned off for sufficient time, refrain from driving and have the vehicle inspected by an authorized Kia dealer/ service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual