KIA Niro: Resetting the driver position memory system
- Shift to P (Park) while the EV button is in the ON position.
- Move the driver seat as forward as possible.
- Move the seatback to a fully upright position.
- Press the '1' button and seat forward movement switch simultaneously for approximately 2 seconds.
- The seat and seatback will move backwards.
- Chime continues
- The seat and seatback will move to the center position.
- Chime stops
Easy access function
- Driver's seat moves backward when:
- The vehicle is in the OFF position
- The driver door is opened
- Driver's seat moves forward when:
- The vehicle is in the ACC or ON position
- The driver door is closed when you have the smart key with you.
- You can activate or deactivate the Easy Access Function from Vehicle Settings from the infotainment system screen.
- The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
Never attempt to operate the driver position memory system while the vehicle is moving. This could result in loss of control, and an accident causing death, serious injury, or property damage.
- If the battery is disconnected, the memory settings will be erased.
- If the Driver Position Memory System does not operate normally, we recommend that you have the system checked by an authorized Kia dealer/ service partner.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual