KIA Niro: Reverse Parking Distance Warning operation
Parking Safety button (if equipped)
Press the Parking Safety ( ) button to turn on or off Reverse Parking Distance Warning.
- When Reverse Parking Distance Warning is off (button indicator light off), if you shift the gear to R (Reverse), Reverse Parking Distance Warning will automatically turn on.
- If you shift the gear to R (Reverse), Reverse Parking Distance Warning will not turn off even if you press the Parking Safety ( ) button for your safety.
Reverse Parking Distance Warning
Reverse Parking Distance Warning will operate under the following conditions.
- Shift the gear to R (Reverse).
- The vehicle's speed is below 10 km/h (6 mph).
Warning indication and warning sound
- The corresponding indicator will appear on the cluster or infotainment system whenever each ultrasonic sensor detects a person, animal or object in its sensing range. Also an audible warning will sound.
- When more than two objects are detected at the same time, the closest one will be warned with an audible warning.
- Distance from object may be detected differently when obstacles are not located in front of the sensor.
- The shape of the indicator in the illustration may differ from the actual vehicle.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual