KIA Niro: Trickle charger (portable charging cable)
Trickle charger can be used if AC Charger is unavailable.
- Plug and cable
- Control box (ICCB)
- Charging connector/cable
How to connect portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box)
- Connect the plug to a household electric outlet.
- Electric Outlet
- Check if the power lamp (green) illuminates on the control box.
- Depress the brake pedal and apply the parking brake.
- Turn OFF all switches, shift to P (Park), and turn OFF the vehicle. If charging is initiated without the gear in P (Park), the charging will start after the gear is automatically shifted to P (Park).
- Open the charging door. For more details, refer to "Fuel filler door".
- Open the protection caps of the charging connector and the charging plug. Check if there are any foreign substances or dust.
- Hold the charging connector handle and connect it to the vehicle charging inlet. Push the connector all the way in. If the charging connector and charging terminal are not connected properly, this may cause a fire.
- Charging starts automatically (charging lamp illuminates).
- Check if the charging indicator light
( ) of the high voltage battery
instrument cluster is turned ON. Charging is not active
charging indicator light (
) is OFF.
When the charging connector is not connected properly, reconnect the charging cable to charge it again.
- After charging has started, the estimated charging time is displayed on the instrument cluster for about 1 minute.
- Remaining Time
If you open the driver seat door while charging, the estimated charging time is also displayed on the instrument cluster for about 1 minute. When scheduled charging or scheduled air conditioner/heater is set, the estimated charging time is displayed as "- -".
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual