KIA Niro: AC charging connector lock
This AC charging connector lock function prevents an outsider from removing the charging connector from the charging inlet.
The connector locks when the charging connector is plugged into the charging inlet. The connector is locked until all doors are unlocked by the driver. This mode can be used to prevent charging cable theft.
- If the charging connector is unlocked when all doors are unlocked, but the charging cable is not disconnected within 15 seconds, the connector will be automatically locked again.
- If the charging connector is unlocked when all doors are unlocked, but all doors are locked again, immediately, the connector will be automatically locked again.
Lock while charging
The connector locks when charging starts. The connector unlocks when charging is complete
- You can set reserved charging using the infotainment system. Refer to the infotainment system for detailed information about setting reserved charging.
- Scheduled charging can only be done when using a AC charger or the portable charging cable (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box).
- When scheduled charging is set and the AC charger or the portable charging cable (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box) is connected for charging, the scheduled charge release button is illuminated (for 3 minutes) to indicate that scheduled charging is set.
- When scheduled charging is set, charging is not initiated immediately when the AC charger or portable charging cable (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box) is connected.
- If charging is required immediately, turn off the scheduled charge using the infotainment system or press the vehicle's scheduled charge release button ( ) more than 2 seconds.
- When the scheduled charge is set, the charge start time is calculated by itself. In some cases, charging may start immediately after connecting the charger.
- If you press the scheduled charging deactivation ( ) button to immediately charge the battery, charging must be initiated 3 minutes after the charging cable has been connected.
When you press the scheduled charging deactivation ( ) button for immediate charging, the scheduled charge setting is not completely deactivated. If you need to completely deactivate the scheduled charge setting, use the infotainment system to finalize the deactivation.
Refer to "AC charger" or "Trickle charger (portable charging cable)" for details about connecting the AC charger and the portable charger (ICCB: In-Cable Control Box).
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual