KIA Niro: Hybrid battery cooling duct (Hybrid vehicle)
| Under the rear seats
The hybrid battery cooling duct is located under the rear seats. The cooling duct cools down the hybrid battery.
When the hybrid battery cooling duct is blocked, the hybrid battery may be overheated.
Clean the cooling duct for the hybrid battery with a dry cloth on a regular basis.
- Never clean the cooling duct of the hybrid battery with a wet cloth. If any water enters the cooling duct of the hybrid battery, the hybrid battery may cause an electric shock, resulting in a serious damage, an injury or a death.
- The hybrid battery is composed of lithium-ion polymer. If the hybrid battery is improperly handled, it is dangerous to the environment. Also it may cause electrical shock and severe burns, resulting in a serious injury or a death.
- Do not spill liquid over the cooling duct of the hybrid battery. Doing so is very dangerous. It may cause electric shock or serious injury.
- Do not cover the cooling duct with objects.
- Do not put any objects into the cooling duct of the hybrid battery. Doing so may cause loss of cooling duct volume to the hybrid battery. When the cooling duct is blocked with any objects, immediately contact your Kia dealer/partner.
- Never place a container of liquid on or near the cooling duct. If the liquid spills, the hybrid battery located in the luggage compartment may be damaged.
- Secure all loads in the luggage compartment to prevent them from being tossed about before driving. When a sharp or heavy load strike with a strong impact or pierce the interior luggage compartment wall, the hybrid battery system may be damaged, deteriorating its performance.
- Do not obstruct the cooling duct with any other objects.
High voltage service interlock connector
In case of emergency, pull down the yellow lever in the service interlock connector to isolate the high voltage of the battery. Service interlock connector is not completely removed.
Never disconnect the service interlock connector except in an emergency situation.
Serious problems may occur, such as the vehicle will not start.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual