KIA Niro: Manual mode
Paddle shifter is used to shift without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
- Pull the right side (+) of the paddle shifter once to shift up.
- Pull the left side (-) of the paddle shifter once to shift down.
- The shift lever is in manual mode. (if equipped)
- The vehicle is in D (Drive) and SPORT mode.
- If you pull the left and right side of the paddle shifters at the same time, you cannot shift the gear.
- Sudden engine brakes and rapid
acceleration could cause malfunction.
Shift appropriately according to road conditions and driving speed.
The vehicle will shift to manual to automatic shift mode in following conditions:
- When the vehicle speed decreases below 3 km/h (2 mph).
- When the accelerator pedal is gently depressed for more than 6 seconds while driving.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual