KIA Niro: Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS)
Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS) Description and operation
Installed on the delivery pipe, the Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS) measures the
instantaneous fuel pressure
in the delivery pipe. The sensing element (Semiconductor element) built in the
sensor converts the
pressure to voltage signal. By using this signal, the ECM can control correct injection amount and
timing and adjusts the fuel pressure with the fuel pressure regulator valve if the target pressure is
different from the actual pressure calculated by the RPS output signal.
Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS) Repair procedures
- Connect the KDS on the Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Measure the output voltage of the RPS during idle at various engine speeds.
- Release the residual pressure in fuel line.
(Refer to Fuel Delivery System - "Release Residual Pressure in Fuel Line").
- Switch "OFF" the ignition and disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Remove the intake manifold.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "Intake Manifold")
- Remove the injector foam (A).
- Disconnect the rail pressure sensor connector (A), and then remove the sensor (B) from the delivery pipe.
Rail Pressure Sensor : 30.0 - 34.3 N*m (3.0 - 3.5 kgf*m, 22.1 - 25.3 lb*ft)
- Install the component to the specified torque.
- Note that internal damage may occur when the component is dropped. If the component has been dropped, inspect before installing.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
БЮ Fig.2) Nomal signal waveform of rail pressure sensor at engine idle.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual