KIA Niro: AUTO (Automatic) mode (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
A: Automatic mode
The drive mode will be automatically selected from either Electric (CD) mode or Hybrid (CS) mode by the system according to the driving condition.
CS (Charge Sustaining, Hybrid) mode (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
A: Hybrid mode
The high-voltage (hybrid) battery and gasoline engine is used to drive the vehicle.
Remaining charge time (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
A: Remaining Time
The message is displayed to notify the remaining time to fully charge the battery.
Charging stopped. Check the AC charger (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This messages is displayed when the charging failed by external charger error.
The purpose of this message is to let you know the error has occurred in the charger itself, not in the vehicle.
Charging stopped. Check the cable connection (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This messages is displayed when charging is stopped because the charging connector is not correctly connected to the charging inlet. If this occur, separate the charging connector and reconnect it and check whether there is any problem (external damage, foreign substances, etc.) with the charging connector and charging inlet. If the same problem occurs when charging the vehicle with a replaced charging cable or genuine Kia portable charger, have the vehicle inspected by a professional workshop. Kia recommends to visit an authorized Kia dealer/service partner.
Low/High System Temp. Maintaining Hybrid mode (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This message is displayed when the temperature of the high-voltage (hybrid) battery is too low or too high.
This warning message is to protect the battery and the hybrid system.
Low/High System Temp. Switching to Hybrid mode (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This message is displayed when the temperature of the high-voltage (hybrid) battery is too low or high. This warning message is to protect the battery and the hybrid system.
Switching to Hybrid mode to allow heating (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
- When the outdoor temperature is lower than -13 ºC (9 ºF) and the coolant temperature is lower than 40 ºC (104 ºF), you turn the climate control On for heating, the above message will be displayed in the cluster. Then, the vehicle will automatically switch to HEV mode and EV mode will not be activated (although EV/HEV button is pressed)
- When the outdoor temperature is higher than -10 ºC (14 ºF), or the coolant temperature is higher than 80 ºC (176 ºF) or you turn the climate control Off, the vehicle will automatically return to EV mode.
- If high-voltage PTC is equipped in the vehicle, the vehicle will not switch to hybrid mode to allow heating.
Wait until fuel door unlocks (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
The message is displayed when you attempt to unlock the fuel filler door with the fuel tank pressurized. Wait until the fuel tank is depressurized.
- It may take up to 20 seconds to unlock fuel filler door.
- If the fuel filler door does not open because ice has formed around it, tap lightly or push on the door to break the ice and release the door.
- Do not pry on the door. If necessary, spray around the door with an approved de-icer fluid (do not use radiator anti-freeze) or move the vehicle to a warm place and allow the ice to melt.
Fuel door unlocked (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This message is displayed when the fuel filler door is unlocked.
Also means "Ready to refuel".
Please press the rear center edge of fuel filler door to open.
Check fuel door (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This message is displayed when the fuel filler door is open while driving or an abnormality has occurred.
Charging door open (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
This message indicates that the charging door is open while in driving ready state to encourage you to inspect and close the door.
(Driving with the charging door open may result in moisture inflow or damage.
This message is used to prevent such occurrences.)
Unplug vehicle to start (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
The message is displayed when you start the engine without unplugging the charging cable. Unplug the charging cable, and then start the vehicle.
Maintaining Hybrid mode to continue heating (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
A message is displayed when heating is in operation and the HEV mode is maintained to meet the heating operating conditions when attempting to switch to EV mode by pressing the EV/HEV button.
EV modes (Plug-in hybrid vehicle)
A corresponding message is displayed when a mode is selected by pressing the EV button.
PHEV infotainment system (Plugin hybrid vehicle)
Press [PHEV] on the [Home screen].
The Plug-in Hybrid menu consists of five sections: [EV range], [Energy information], [Charge management], [ECO driving], [Energy flow].
- EV range
- Energy information
- Charge management
- ECO driving
- Energy flow
- EV range
The infotainment system may change after software updates. For more information, refer to the manual provided in the infotainment system and the quick reference guide.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual