KIA Niro: Rear Oil Seal Repair procedures
- Be sure to read and follow the "General Safety Information and Caution" before doing any work related with the high voltage system. Failure to follow the safety instructions may result in serious electrical injuries.
- Be sure to shut off the high voltage circuit according to the "High Voltage Shut-off Procedures" before doing any work related with the high voltage system to avoid serious electrical injuries.
- Shut off the high voltage circuit.
(Refer to Engine Mechanical System - "High Voltage Shut off Procedure")
- Remove the dual clutch transmission.
(Refer to Double Clutch Transmission (DCT) - "Double Clutch Transmission Assembly")
- Remove the engine clutch disk and clutch cover.
(Refer to Engine Clutch System - "Clutch Cover and Disk")
- Remove the flywheel.
(Refer to Cylinder Block - "Flywheel")
- Remove the rear oil seal (A).
- Apply engine oil on new oil seal lip.
- Using the SST (09231-H1100, 09231-G2200) and a hammer, tap in the oil seal until its surface is flush with the rear oil seal retainer edge.
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
Always use new rear oil seal.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual