KIA Niro: Fuel Tank Air Filter Repair procedures
Fuel Filler Cap Description and operation
A ratchet tightening device on the threaded fuel filler cap reduces the chances of incorrect installation, which seals the fuel filler. After the gasket on the fuel filler cap and the filler neck flange contact each other, the ratchet produces a loud clicking noise indicating the seal has been set.
- Turn ignition switch OFF and disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Remove the filler-neck assembly.
(Refer to Engine Control / Fuel System - "Filler-Neck Assembly")
- Disconnect the vent hose (A).
- Remove the fuel tank air filter (B) after loosening the mounting bolts (A).
- Install in the reverse order of removal.
- KIA Niro EV / Hybrid (SG2) - (2021-2023) - Owner's manual
- Kia Niro - First generation - (2017-2022) - Service and Repair Manual